Being a business owner, you’ve got a lot of things including your facilities, assets, people, and other internal and external resources to keep on track. Managing all these for a smooth running of your business is not an easy task, especially when you’re trying to do it all from spreadsheets, CAD printouts, or a complicated software system.
Managing a space and its people requires a solution that can co-ordinate all these things and you’ve got to do it on time and budget. Cloud based facility management software is a web-integrated approach towards allowing you to effectively organize, structure and run all elements of your business and infrastructure through cloud networking for maximum efficiency and performance, all at one place.
If you want to pre-confirm about the popularity of cloud based programs before reading this blog any further, IDG’s Enterprise Cloud Computing Survey 2016 says that by 2018, the typical IT department will have only 40% of their apps and platforms residing in on-premise systems.
Here are the 5 benefits that a cloud based facility management software has to offer for your business organization:
No Installation Required: One foremost benefit of cloud based software is that it requires no infrastructure and no installation. What you actually do is renting the software rather than buying it. This reduces your capital expenditure or start-up costs, in case you’re starting out new.
By renting, you also save your valuable time and effort that you would have spent otherwise in getting it installed, checked, and allocated to its users. This especially benefits a small or medium enterprise which can start functioning right away without any wait or worry.
Reduces IT Handling Cost: Cloud based software are maintained and supported by the specialists who built it. They take care of the server maintenance and security updates. Also, it frees your IT department from the setup process which, in case if it were there, could take months to bring things in line. It also reduces your company overhead cost by saving you from deploying a full army of IT professionals for its maintenance.
One other aspect is that you always own the most upgraded version of the software with latest features without any disruption or additional cost. This also helps you to quickly determine the major benefits of the software for your organization.
Remote Access: Cloud based facility management software provides a centralized database that can be accessed from any location, via any device (through a web browser), and at any time. This way, it better serves the needs of an increasingly dynamic and mobile workforce.
All you need to have is a desktop or laptop powered by an internet connection, and you’ll need to remember your login credentials which you’ll use to login securely to your account through a web browser. The use of latest HTML5 technology lets you access the data even from a tablet or a smartphone browser.
Secures Your Data from Loss: One of the biggest fears for anyone is the safety of the company data. When your data is saved in the cloud, you don’t have to worry about their theft or loss because of unexpected disaster events like fire, building collapse (due to earthquake), etc.
Unlike an on-premise based facility management software, which requires manual efforts to check, download, and install system updates, cloud based facility management software are regularly updated with latest security updates that makes it increasingly hard for hackers to get into it.
- Makes Your Manager More Efficient: Your facility manager can take great benefits from the shared and collaborative management approach of a cloud-based facility management software. From placing a task to checking the collaborative team effort, and guiding all the way to get the work done on time, cloud based facility management program offers all the help to your facility manager.
All these benefits of a cloud based facility management software converge upon to provide the two most important benefits to your organization: first, increased productivity, and second, a significant cut to your company’s cost thereby increasing your ROI.
So, don’t miss out on the opportunities that a cloud based facility management software has to offer to your organization. For more information on this, contact us at email@example.com.
What is Facility Management Software?
Facility Management software is the IT supported facility management system. It helps Facility Managers at the organizations to optimally utilize their assets and reduce space. As a result, the organization is able to save a huge cost of maintenance and gain overall efficiency.
Let’s first understand what we mean by facility management.
Running a business involves several functions and aspects that are managed on a day- to-day basis. This includes people, process, places as well as the technologies. Facility management has come up as a distinct sector of business management. It encompasses the integration of all major business aspects to meet the objective of improved efficiency at an organization.
The two major functions of Facility Management are:
- Space and infrastructure management: This largely covers workspace, supply sites, lease, planning & operation, cleaning, maintenance, safety, security, work supplies, furniture etc.
- People and organization: Human resource, accounting, marketing, communication, IT, hospitality, work environment etc. are covered under this function.
Managing these interrelated areas of business manually on an everyday basis can be a difficult task. It may even create a lot of confusion due to lack of a centralized system. Moreover, if a full-fledged Facility Management team is appointed, the company may incur huge costs as well. Especially, if the organization is medium or large-sized, the facility management decisions play an essential role in business growth. It ensures the effective and efficient management of the processes and operations of the business. This is the reason why Business Heads or CIOs look for IT aided Facility Management system. It is relatively inexpensive and generates effective results. A single individual can be able to manage a wide range of tasks across the facilities in an organization. These tasks may be organizing payroll, updating employee data, booking of meeting room, live status & record of clients etc. There is an endless list of tasks. Related Post: All You Need to Know About Facility Management Software
How does Facility Management Software Benefit Your Business?
- FMS Can be Customized: Different organizations follow different processes and have varied needs. Facility Management software can be tailored to devise only the programs that are required by a particular organization. With Facility Management software, organizations are able to choose the exact tools that are enough to meet their needs. They need not pay for programs that their business does not require at all.
- Mobile Control: With the help of Facility Management software, the Facility Managers can oversee the business operations. They can control and coordinate even when they are out of office. They can manage facilities from any distant location. Besides, the users can access the software from multiple devices like desktops, laptops, tabs etc.
- Multi-city Operations: Facility Management software helps in mobile control of all the facilities from a remote location. So it also makes multi-city operations easier. A company with branches at multiple locations can centrally manage its facilities. It saves them a lot of capital investment.
- Cost-Effective: As mentioned earlier, Facility management software is cheaper than a dedicated team to manage facilities. It requires one time investment that in return offers greater value. It’s also highly cost effective because there are very few hands to be paid.
- Improved Overall Efficiency: The organization is certainly going to achieve higher overall efficiency with intelligent technologies. A single person or a team of few members can easily manage the facilities across the business. Moreover, it even saves time and of course brings down the costs too.
Does Your Business Require Facility Management Software?
Management and maintenance of a facility requires a lot of efforts and co-ordination. It includes several complex processes regardless of the size and scale of your business. It’s a time consuming process. And, if you deploy a full-time team for these tasks, it would incur a huge cost. Instead, if businesses opt for Facility Management software, they will be able to save a lot of time as well as money. The surplus time and money can be effectively channelized towards other areas of business growth.
As mentioned before, the Facility Management software can be tailored as per the business specific needs. The software can also be scalable to meet the future needs of the business. Businesses can choose what tools and modules they want in the software. Eventually they can control its costs too.
Regardless of business size and scale of operation, Facility Management software always proves to be beneficial for the growth of your company.
How to Choose the Right Facility Management Software for Your Business?
To choose the right facility management software, you must ask for a trial package to ensure the following factors:
- Analyze if it actually benefits the business
- Is it actually saving costs and time?
- Is it effective and efficient enough to help in the growth of a business?
- Is it really capable of taking up multiple responsibilities?
- Is the software user-friendly? Can a layman easily use it?
- Software must be so designed that multiple employees can access it simultaneously
Now, analyze which works best among all and choose the one which produces the most efficient and effective results.
In current business scenario, the digitalization is pacing up. Therefore, Facility Management software has a pivotal role to play in the growth of business. To enable the business reach greater heights, Facility Management software becomes imperative for the organization.