It is difficult to find the right balance of human resources, structured routines, spreadsheet data utilization, and long-term and short-term planning. Fortunately, there are some great office space management tools available in the market, which are specially designed to ease the myriad processes for enhancing the overall productivity of your company.
5 Key Benefits of Space Management Software:
- Foresight: Using space management software, you can monitor the trends of your space usage, and make adjustments that would benefit the overall process and its efficiency. It will also help you plan for mid and long-term growth. You are able to plan now for space that fits your future requirements and be much more prepared for what’s ahead.
- Cost Efficiency: Space management software also helps reduce costs associated with excess space, thereby allowing you to find more productive uses for the new balance, such as essential equipment repairs, adding personnel, or redesigning the existing space to be more effective. Changing the way your space operates can also be a big advantage for your employees and customers.
- Real-Time Requirements: Many software vendors now offer mobile applications, which enable you to monitor space usage on a real-time basis, from any mobile device. This enhances communication between space occupants and the management. For instance, if a meeting space is needed at the last minute, the users, sitting from a remote location, can find out what’s available, schedule the meeting, invite attendees and the reserve equipment needed for the meeting while ensuring everything is handled smoothly.
- Proper Numeric Records: Space Management software is pretty adept at number-crunching and giving back accurate data. The time-tested spreadsheets and manual data collection systems are giving way to all-in-one programs, which can calculate multiple factors and variables with ease, in any imaginable scenario.
- Minimum Chances of Mistakes: The room for error is greatly reduced and the process is made easier and quicker, which will help you focus more on your core business concerns.
Amit Prasad is the founder and managing director of SatNav Technologies and has business interests in a wide range of IT products. SatNav Technologies is an IT products company focusing on cloud based map data products and a pioneer in GPS, FMS & LBS Technologies. The product suite includes SatTracx in-the-field location based solutions and A-mantra in-the-office facilities management solutions. QuickFMS from a-mantra is a cloud based facility management system which enhances organization’s efficiency.