If you want your business to reach new heights of success and build a positive and reliable brand image, simply investing in physical assets is not enough. You need to ensure that your top-performing employees are retained within the business to maintain optimum productivity. Simply put, employee experience would impact every aspect of your business, from retention and efficiency to workplace culture and environment.
If you are not already focusing on the aspects mentioned above, you might be vulnerable to losing your market dominance faster than you think.
Let’s focus on what you can do to improve your employee experience and how it can add value to your business.
What is the employee experience today?Firstly, let’s try to understand what is the meaning of employee experience. It’s a somewhat vague term that’s hard to pin down. Simply put, employee experience refers to anything and everything an employee experiences at work. It includes how they interact with their seniors, colleagues, teams, the work software, etc. The main advantage of employee experience is that it’s crucial for building a productive work culture.
How to manage a dispersed workforce?
There are several ways to manage a dispersed workforce, the best and most popular methods for it include:
- Enhanced and improved communication platform
- Focus on deliverables and not merely the activities of the project
- Hold periodic meetings with team and
- Conduct an in-depth review of all employee activity.
How to maintain social interactions and company culture during the pandemic?
Loneliness has done more harm than the pandemic itself, as per recent findings. It is more damaging than smoking 15 cigarettes a day. That’s not positive news for employees working from distant places, away from offices. While there is hope that post-vaccination very soon things will get back to normal, there certainly are few measures that your business can do to maintain social interaction with remote employees, some of which are:
- Foster the act of kindness
- Get the team involved in virtual charity events
- Encourage peer to peer thank you notes
- Organize an employee-led committee that promotes an inclusive workplace environment for your culturally diverse workplace.
- Organize creative virtual celebrations of special events, e.g., send handwritten greetings to employees
- Create online communication channels to foster non-work-related discussions.
How can you improve the employee experience?
- Good technology coupled with good communication tools would assist in streamlining the communication process and enhancing culture and engagement.
- Employee experience is holistic. It should be realistic, and the business must ensure that they use every opportunity to improve constantly.
- Managers and superiors have a strong role to play in the overall satisfaction of employees, and hence they must be trained to keep their employees happy.
- The existing company policies should be updated appropriately or created if it does not exist.
- Interactive company activities should be designed to include remote employees and on-site ones together
- Collect data to identify employee needs better, and the workspace should be upgraded accordingly
- Technology should be used to encourage better virtual and real-time communication.
- Employees must be allowed to use technology to help them find and reserve resources like meeting rooms, workspaces, seating areas, etc. Also, develop a method to track the usage of these spaces.
Which tool can be used to create a consistent experience wherever employees choose to work?Conventional workspace management software was built to manage buildings, not people. Today, businesses need systems that would put the employee’s needs and wants at the center of planning and workplace management.
Implement the Hot Desking Software by QuickFMS
Hot desking software is an innovative approach of QuickFMS to fix the space management issues and all related challenges. It enables employees to use the same physical workstation during different parts of the day. They are not assigned with any fixed seating arrangement and are allowed to sit wherever they want, in a different location every day. Hot desk booking software is affordable and easy to use. It is also time-saving, improves employee collaboration, provides better office space flexibility, and improves decision making.
Amit Prasad is the founder and managing director of SatNav Technologies and has business interests in a wide range of IT products. SatNav Technologies is an IT products company focusing on cloud based map data products and a pioneer in GPS, FMS & LBS Technologies. The product suite includes SatTracx in-the-field location based solutions and A-mantra in-the-office facilities management solutions. QuickFMS from a-mantra is a cloud based facility management system which enhances organization’s efficiency.